The Jackson trade is the start in the right direction. Dbacks need to make a few more trades/firings/changes. Here's my take on what is needed to get them back to playing good baseball (above .500 ball):
1) Get a left hander in the bullpen. Could anyone tell me if there is any other team without a left hander in the bullpen?
2) Trade either Reynolds or Upton for a good relief pitcher. The two strike out way too much. Should be able to get a decent relief pitcher for either one of them.
3) Trade Qualls and don't use him in a closer role until he is traded. Don't undestrand why Hinch continues to use him as a closer. Until he is traded make him earn his way back to closing role.
4) Trade Gutirierrez - he is having an awful year.
5) Fire AJ Hinch - he is not getting the job done.
6) Fire Josh Byrnes - he has put this team together, right? Doesn't make sense to just get rid of the on-field manager - he has to deal with an awful bullpen and an inconsistent offense.
Until they make these kind of changes the Dbacks are going to be one of the worst teams in baseball. Changes are needed!