Now that I've finished reading last night's epic GDT, I figured it was time to do some SnakeBytes.
- [azcentral.com] Arizona Diamondbacks edged by Milwaukee Brewers
Edwin Jackson was better this time. Much better. Then again, anything had to be better than his previous two starts, two of the worst of his career.
- [The Associated Press] Gallardo, Brewers edge Diamondbacks 3-2
Gillespie, a third round draft pick of the Brewers in 2006, led off with a home run. The Diamondbacks later took their only lead when LaRoche walked with the bases loaded.
- [dbacks.com] Gillespie gets first big league homer
The DBacks outfielder homered to lead off the third inning Friday night against the Brewers, the team that dealt him to Arizona last July as part of a trade that sent Felipe Lopez to Milwaukee.
- [dbacks.com] D-backs glad to be home after long trip
"It's good to be home...That was a long trip. Three city trips in general are very long. It's a challenge, and back to back four game series, a lot of day games, a lot of emotional games. It's nice to be home for a week."
- [azcentral.com] Arizona Diamondbacks' A.J. Hinch stresses results after year on job
It's rewarding in the sense I stood up to a challenge," Hinch said. "Now I've got to get this team better. That's what it's all about. I'm proud of the challenge that's ahead and willing to do whatever it takes to help our club"
- [mlb.fanhouse.com] The Clock on Strasburg Doesn't Count as Much as You Think
Bottom line, if the Nationals think he's ready to pitch in the big leagues, there's not much financial reason for them to keep him in the minors.
Yeah, I know, it's not about the DBacks. But the title of this section is random news, see?
- [cbssports.com] Brewers-Diamondbacks Preview - May 8, 2010
"It feels so exciting, my first big league start...The first two innings, I (felt) a little nervous, but after that I (felt) good. Your first time you feel so nervous, just nervous."
That's what she said!
- [miamiherald.com] Milwaukee Brewers (13-16) at Arizona Diamondbacks (14-16), 8:10 p.m.
"He was very aggressive early. It looked like he was pitching with an attitude, which is good to see. He'd been knocked around a lot in his previous starts, and he had an aggression to him that I think he needs to pitch with."
- [dbacks.com] Milwaukee Brewers at Arizona Diamondbacks - May 8, 2010
"I'll take much of the same if he can dial it up again...The first major league start, you never know what you're going to get. I congratulated him after his win. He was very emotional. It's been a long journey."