I almost put a terrible pun in the title, but restrained myself.
- [The Associated Press] Arizona shuts out Houston 1-0
Justin Upton homered and Ian Kennedy pitched 6 2/3 solid innings as the Diamondbacks beat the Astros 1-0 on Tuesday night.
- [playerpress.com] Astros Falling on Hard Times Again
All the Arizona offense needed was a solo shot off of Oswalt in the third by Justin Upton to defeat the last place team in the Central Division.
- [mlb.com] Arizona Diamondbacks at Houston Astros - May 5, 2010
The Astros have lost eight games in a row and the Dbacks are trying to spark their offense. That means both clubs, who meet Wednesday night in Minute Maid Park, are looking to shake things up a bit.
After the jump, we have player news and some more unwritten rules of baseball.
Player and Team News
- [Phoenix New Times] Ian Kennedy Showing He's The Real Deal As D-Backs Starter
Oh hey! An actual decent article from the New Times about baseball!
- [azcentral.com] Arizona Diamondbacks manager A.J. Hinch: Justin Upton trying to do too much
"I just think he's trying to do too much," manager AJ Hinch said. "We're fortunate to have an offense that takes a little pressure off of him."
- [dbacks.com] Jackson to begin rehab stint Wednesday
DBacks outfielder Conor Jackson was scheduled to join Triple A Reno on Tuesday to begin his rehab assignment.
I think I speak for all of us when I say YAYYYYYYYY :-D
- [fangraphs.com] Adam LaRoche and His Desert Walking Shoes
Is Adam LaRoche's start sustainable? I hope so.
- [fangraphs.com] Kelly Johnson's Redemption
Bah. Kelly Johnson doesn't need no stinkin redemption...
- [ESPN.com] MLB Power Rankings
The Diamondbacks are number 23.
- [beyondtheboxscore.com] Some Impressive Minor League Lineups
With an honorable mention for the DBacks affiliate in South Bend.
- The Juice: Hamels shutout interrupted by another trespassing fan
So this dude wasn't tased. But he was a Phillies fan, and probably should've been for interrupting the shutout.
- [espn.com] Milton Bradley unhappy in Seattle Mariners' cleanup spot
Milton Bradley's return as Seattle's cleanup hitter lasted six innings and two strikeouts. Then, Mariners manager Don Wakamatsu removed the angry slugger from Tuesday night's loss to Tampa Bay.
- [beyondtheboxscore.com] 15 Minute Rant - Stupidity of Saves
- Why an essential part of the game's romance is in decline - SI.com
Haren and Reynolds are mentioned.
- The 'Code': Ten unwritten baseball rules you might not know - Yahoo! Sports
It's time to brush up on the rules.
- [espn.com] Starting 9: Three former pitching greats share their thoughts on the proper punishment for violating the game's unwritten rules