Yeah, we're gonna run this into the ground.
Recaps and Previews
- [azcentral.com] Arizona Diamondbacks' rally sputters in loss to Colorado Rockies
This time, the bullpen gates swung open and disaster did not immediately ensue.
- [Phoenix New Times] D-Backs Lose Tough One in Denver, But Don't Diss the Bullpen This One Time
I'm not going to bother quoting this, because they misnamed Ryan Roberts as Robin Roberts.
- [The Associated Press] Chacin leads Rockies past Diamondbacks, 3-2
- [dbacks.com] Kennedy steadies himself, but D-backs fall
Ian Kennedy settled down after a rough first three innings, but the DBacks offense came up short in a 3-2 loss to the Rockies on Tuesday night.
- [mlb.com] Tulo powers Rockies to win over D-backs
Reynolds said, "He was throwing a lot of off-speed stuff, and he was keeping us off balance pretty good. We just weren't able to get anything going against him."
- [mlb.com]Ubaldo, Rockies try to charm Snakes
"We can't just go out there and feel like we can not play up to our best and still win...Any time you play in the division, you want to win those games, because those are the ones that matter."
- [ktar.com] D-backs set for crucial stretch
Team, Player, and Minor League News
- [dbacks.com]D-backs' Johnson fourth in NL All-Star voting
Kelly Johnson's hot stat to the season earned him National League Player of the Month honors for April. Whether it leads him to Anaheim in July remains to be seen, but he'll need quite a bit of help from fans between now and July 1.
- [dbacks.com] Gonzo to represent D-backs at Draft
Luis Gonzalez and Roland Hemond will represent the Diamondbacks at the First Year Player Draft on June 7 in New Jersey.
- Snakes and (Climbing the) Ladder | FanGraphs Baseball
FanGraphs looks at three of the Diamondbacks' minor league pitching prospects.
- [dbacks.com] Webb's rehab takes him to Alabama
Injured pitcher Brandon Webb is back in Birmingham, Alabama, working with clinical physical therapist Kevin Wilk, as Webb continues to try and return from last summer's shoulder surgery.
- [Reno Gazette Journal] Reno Aces: Aces deal first shutout of year
Reno Aces starting pitcher worked eight scoreless frames and Blaine Boyer pitched a scoreless ninth as the Aces took a 3-0 win over the Albequerque Isotopes at Isotopes Park.
Also, they might take the award for the most awkward newspaper name ever.
- [al.com] After catching their breath, Mobile BayBears begin Southern League homestand against Mississippi Braves today
Three doubleheaders in five days. Wow.
- Jarrod Parker reports on his Twitter that he'll be ready to pitch in August. YAY!!!11!!one!
- [mlb.com] Bauman: Baseball used to cold champions
So a big championship in New York with a chance of bad weather? It's old news for baseball, which saw it's most recent World Series played in New York last November. For the NFL to take a lead in this department, it could show you something by scheduling a Super Bowl for Green Bay's Lambeau Field, the frozen tundra.
- [usatoday] Pitch clock for baseball? Experiment begins in SEC
The clock should cut down on pitchers taking lengthy delays between pitches, and it definitely will deter hitters from stepping out of the batters box.
- [bloomberg.com] Rangers’ Lenders, Baseball League Raise Bankruptcy Loan Offers
The Texas Rangers' secured lenders and Major League Baseball both boosted the amount of money they said they are willing to lend the team while it goes through bankruptcy.
- [bleacherreport.com] Beating Boredom: Why the San Francisco Giants (And Baseball) Are So Hard to Like
In fact, the entire goal of pitching is to prevent home runs. So, by the transitive property, the pitcher's sole job is to prevent the most exciting thing in baseball from ever happening. Ever.