Since the Diamondbacks haven't actually played since the last time we did SnakeBytes, there's no game recaps for us to chew over. This may not be a bad thing. Instead, after the jump, we have a couple of previews of the upcoming short set against the Giants [oh, joy - we get to face Lincecum] and other news, both team and general.
- [dbacks.com] LaRoche exits following knee injury - "I tried to go with it. It was just stiffening up and kind of giving out on me a little bit. I tried to get some ice on it as soon as I could and hopefully try to keep this thing from sticking around for a while."
- [AZCentral] Reynolds looking to find hot streak - "I feel like I'm having good at-bats, but like early in the year I wasn't getting results," he said. "It's kind of been an ongoing thing. But I'm not keeping up my end of the deal right now. It's something that hopefully I can snap out of here in a few days and get on the right track."
- [D'Backs' Venom] A Look at the Diamondbacks Plate Discipline - "Let’s take a closer look at the team’s strikeouts – are they chasing pitches out of the zone, watching too many called strikes, or just swinging and missing good pitches?"
- [AZCentral] Buckner earns another start - "I thought he did a nice job," manager A.J. Hinch said after Buckner gave up two runs in five innings in his first start in the majors this season. "He threw more curveballs, which was something that we wanted to see out of him. He threw quite a few change-ups to right-handers, which was good.
- JarrodBParker - "On the mound next Monday!" The recovery of our top pitching prospect apparently continues to go well.
- [BlueRidgeNow.com] Giants-Diamondbacks Preview - "The Diamondbacks (16-24) have been outscored 81-37 while batting .208 in 11 games. In his first appearance with the team, reliever Saul Rivera gave up five runs in one inning Tuesday in Florida, and Arizona had two hits in an 8-0 loss. ``That's not the way I wanted to start in that situation, but hopefully tomorrow I'll have another chance and it will be better,'' said Rivera."
- [McCovey Chronicles] Giants/Diamondbacks Series Preview - "While they aren’t patently evil like the Dodgers, ridiculously uncooperative and annoying like the Rockies, or as bland and frustrating as the Padres, never forget that the Diamondbacks have a world championship. "
- [Yahoo!] Giants finally beat Padres, 7-6 in 12 innings - Andres Torres hit a tying homer in the eighth inning and Matt Downs had a two-run double in the 12th. Shame it wasn't 22 innings, but their bullpen did still work six frames in advance of facing us tonight.
- [ESPN] Overdone stories that really need to go away - "This week's edition of "Starting 9'' is devoted to some personal venting, as we reflect on nine early 2010 storylines that have grown more tired than Aramis Ramirez's bat. In a perfect world, they would all be designated for assignment, never to return."
- [MLB.com] Projecting the Draft's top 10 picks - "6. Arizona Diamondbacks: Drew Pomeranz, LHP, Ole Miss With his track record of success, it's hard to think the big lefty will go too much further. "
- [Diary of a Diehard] Let’s Play Two - "For Arizona Diamondbacks fans that means we will never have the opportunity to see a double header at Chase Field. A fact I constantly lament to my wife when a game ends at Chase Field after nine innings."
- [SI.com] Yankees protest loss against Red Sox - The New York Yankees protested their 7-6 loss to Boston on Tuesday night because they claimed there was no indication of an injury to Red Sox starter Josh Beckett before he came out in the fifth inning.
- [ESPN] Mike Lowell says Boston Red Sox releasing him would be best for both parties - "I literally eat up a roster spot. I literally do. That's the way it is."