I just thought we all need a reminder to stay optimistic about this team, especially with the losing streak. So I'm going to give 11 reasons why we should all stay optimistic.
- Justin Upton has gotten off to a slow start, but he did last year too. He's too talented to not turn it around. It does appear he's improved defensively though.
- Adam LaRoche has had the best start of his career, and history suggests he's going to get hotter as the season progresses.
- Chris Young has turned it around, on offense and defense. He looks like a completely different player from last season. His OPS is almost 100 points higher than it was in his best year in 2007.
- Kelly Johnson has been not just a great pick up, but an awesome one, at a bargain price too. Oh and he's under control for another season.
- Stephen Drew has returned to his 2008 level of play, in fact, he's been better (871 OPS this year Vs 836 OPS In 2008)
- Thanks to Chris Snyder, losing Miguel Montero for 6-8 weeks hasn't been that big of a deal. He's hit and he's proven that he's healthy, and he's raised his trade stock
- Ian Kennedy has been surprisingly good
- Rodrigo Lopez has been surprisingly good pick up for being picked up from the trash heap
- Edwin Jackson and Dan Haren haven't gotten off to great starts, but history suggests they'll turn it around. It appears that Dan is already starting to turn it around.
- Mark Reynolds has improved defensively, his walk rate is up, and his strike out rate is down.
- Brandon Webb might be back on a pitcher's mound as soon as next week!
So, we're all awesome, and should stop fighting over shit in the Gameday Threads. Agreed?
Are we going to stop being so pessimistic about the team?
Yes. (72 votes)
72 total votes