I just thought we all need a reminder to stay optimistic about this team, especially with the losing streak. So I'm going to give 11 reasons why we should all stay optimistic.
- Justin Upton has gotten off to a slow start, but he did last year too. He's too talented to not turn it around. It does appear he's improved defensively though.
- Adam LaRoche has had the best start of his career, and history suggests he's going to get hotter as the season progresses.
- Chris Young has turned it around, on offense and defense. He looks like a completely different player from last season. His OPS is almost 100 points higher than it was in his best year in 2007.
- Kelly Johnson has been not just a great pick up, but an awesome one, at a bargain price too. Oh and he's under control for another season.
- Stephen Drew has returned to his 2008 level of play, in fact, he's been better (871 OPS this year Vs 836 OPS In 2008)
- Thanks to Chris Snyder, losing Miguel Montero for 6-8 weeks hasn't been that big of a deal. He's hit and he's proven that he's healthy, and he's raised his trade stock
- Ian Kennedy has been surprisingly good
- Rodrigo Lopez has been surprisingly good pick up for being picked up from the trash heap
- Edwin Jackson and Dan Haren haven't gotten off to great starts, but history suggests they'll turn it around. It appears that Dan is already starting to turn it around.
- Mark Reynolds has improved defensively, his walk rate is up, and his strike out rate is down.
- Brandon Webb might be back on a pitcher's mound as soon as next week!
So, we're all awesome, and should stop fighting over shit in the Gameday Threads. Agreed?