Well, another morning, another blown game courtesy of the bullpen. I'll be taking over for Zephon for the weekday SnakeBytes from now on.
A big screw you to Adolf Hitler on his 121st birthday (I wonder if the rumors of him living in Sun City are true?)...hopefully Timmeh enjoys his day off on this beautiful 4/20.
Recaps from last night, previews of tonight, news from around the league, and how to pick a baseball glove, all after the jump. (If you haven't yet, click the link in the picture caption.)
Game Recaps and Previews
- Arizona Diamondbacks fall to St. Louis Cardinals for 5th straight loss
- Lopez holds his end of bargain; 'pen doesn't | dbacks.com: News
- D-Backs frustration continues
- Cardinals-Diamondbacks Preview - MLB - Sporting News
- They don't bite, but Cards starters are lethal | MLB.com: News
- St. Louis Cardinals (9-4) at Arizona Diamondbacks (5-8), 9:40 p.m.
- [D'Backs' Venom] Diamondbacks Bullpen – Any Help on the Farm?
- [dbacks.com] Bullpen struggling with control
- [AZCentral] Allen is an athlete in the outfield
- [AZ Central] Kris Benson thinks he can throw harder
Arizona's Jackson on DL with strained hamstring - USATODAY.com
The way they put Valley Fever in quotes makes me laugh and pisses me off all at the same time.
Around the League
- Day later, Tracy still questioning balk call - USATODAY.com
In other news, Tulo was awarded a triple on the play.
- Cal Ripken Jr. ponders return to baseball, but in what role? - USATODAY.com
- All-Star balloting 2010 is almost here | MLB.com: News
Make sure you get your votes in for the popularity contest...and I hope you get it right, since we're 13 games in. Duh.
- Capitals had NHL's best season, but any playoff team can win the Stanley Cup
- Checkout Lane: There’s a catch to buying a baseball mitt - Norwood Bulletin