Both Championship Series head back to where they started, with the score 3-2 - the Rangers need just one at home to give Dustin Nippert a shot at a World Series ring. Who'd have thought it? And tomorrow and Sunday, the Giants have to win one in Philadelphia to extend their season of "torture." Yeah: reaching the NLCS and being one win from the World Series. I feel really sorry for them there. Anyway, a variety of links below, as we get started on the final countdown.
Team News and Notes
- [myfoxphoenix.com] Tour: Diamondbacks New Spring Training Home - Curious how the Diamondbacks new Spring Training stadium is looking out in Scottsdale? Fox 10 took a look at the construction in progress- apparently they're going to put down sod in the next few days.
- [dbacks.com] D-backs Transition Berger To Professional Scouting Role, Add McCracken In Player Development Post & Weidemaier As Advance Scout - Mike Berger was officially announced as the new director of professional scouting today, along with a few other new faces to the team, including former player Quinton McCracken.
- [ESPN] Alan Trammell to Arizona? - Cubs bench coach Alan Trammell’s "most likely will leave the Cubs to become bench coach for the Arizona Diamondbacks, which are managed by Trammell’s former teammate Kirk Gibson."
- [School of Roch] Should Orioles consider Mark Reynolds? - I'm more interested in what have they got to offer?
- [dbacks.com] Bat from Gibson's memorable homer for sale - If you're looking to pick up a momento of an iconic moment in baseball history, this is just the auction for you.
- [GE Reports] How Lighting Changed Baseball Forever - Night baseball is now a lucrative staple of the game. But it wasn't always the case...
- [The D-blog] This Day in History: D-backs Punch W.S. Ticket - What were you doing nine years and one day ago? For many of us, the answer is "watching the Diamondbacks beat up on the Braves and get ready for the World Series."
- [PressBoxOnline.com] Singing A GM's Praises - Some background on Roland Hemond, now in his 80's, but still working as a special assistant to Derrick Hall for the D-backs.
- [stadiumjourney.com] Stanley Coveleski Regional Stadium - A review of the South Bend Silver Hawks' home. Avoid the soft pretzels, I'd say...
- [Phoenix Business Journal] Don't blame Coyotes for ugly attendance night - Just 5,700 for Thursday night's Coyotes game. And it's a team that made the playoffs earlier in 2010. I'm sure this is Derrick Hall's fault somehow. :-)