Nothing to report on the Diamondbacks front, so instead, let's have a quick story from each of the playoff series, before we get on with today's action:
- Twins-Yankees: [MLB.com] Postseason woes leave Twins feeling low - "If Minnesota loses its next postseason game, it'll match the 13-game losing streak of the Red Sox, which ran from the 1986 World Series to '95 ALDS."
- Rays-Rangers: [SI.com] Five outs from elimination, Tampa Bay Rays come to life - "There was a lot of pent-up frustration," said Tampa Bay starter Matt Garza, who allowed two runs (one earned) over six innings in a clutch performance. "But once we opened that window, good things started to happen."
- Giants-Braves: [ESPN] Atlanta Braves even series behind unlikely heroes - "Farnsworth had only induced 34 double plays in 837 innings pitched. To put that in perspective, that equals one double play for each 25 innings."
- Phillies-Reds: [Courier-Post] Reds can turn the series around, but probably won't - "We will sum up the Reds' chances of coming back to win this series like this: Pigs have a better chance of flying. Cows have a better chance of jumping over the moon."
- 10:07am - Rays vs. Rangers
TB: W. Davis
TEX: T. Hunter
- 1:37pm - Giants vs. Braves
SF: J. Sanchez
ATL: T. Hudson
- 5:07pm - Phillies vs. Reds
PHI: C. Hamels
CIN: J. Cueto