9/1 is almost here and it's time to start getting a little giddy about those guys who are going to get a cup of coffee with the big league team. The FO has all been fairly adamant in their stance that guys will only be brought up that can help the team and they don't want to just have a bunch of guys wandering around the clubhouse.
With that in mind, here are the guys I think are coming up:
- Bill Murphy - I think he gets one or two starts. Otherwise, gets us a second lefty in the bullpen.
- Carlos Quentin - He's done ok in Tucson, Upton is struggling, it doesn't hurt to have a guy that can field.
- Emiliano Fruto - He's been sharp in his few Tucson outings since the trade. I think they'll give him a look and see if he's got it.
- Emilio Bonifacio - Pinch runner and to get a look at 2B a couple times. If he looks all Sergio Santos, you may see a trade for another 2B prospect this offseason or see Hudson get signed.
- Robby Hammock - Melvin likes catchers and the other bonus is that Hammock can play 3rd.
Before someone gets on me about Murphy not being on the 40 man roster, there's a spot open. Randy's on the 60 day DL. Releasing Kim and Kennedy opened two spots, one of which was taken by Fruto.